January 27, 2012

Anis Cafe & Bistro

A friend suggested we meet for lunch at Anis Cafe & Bistro, and I was eager to give it a try since for years I've heard that it's one of Atlanta's better options for French cuisine.

The adorable décor in the small dining room authentically captures the look and feel of the sort of casual bistro that might be found in the French countryside.

My friend ordered the Moules Marinières ($12), which the menu describes as "our famous mussels" made with white wine, garlic, parsley, and cream. They were hot and delicious.

I ordered the Croque Monsieur ($10), a French sandwich made with Black Forest Ham, Gruyere and Bechamel sauce.
It came with a side of potato chips that appeared to be handmade.

It looked good, but sadly the sandwich was cold and the chips soggy. The flavor was satisfactory, but lacked a "wow" factor.

Bottom Line: The place failed to live up to its hype on my first visit. But I'd give it another try since my friend's mussels were tasty.

Anis Cafe & Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment