December 2, 2011

Cellar 56 - Revisited

When you learn that one of your favorite restaurants is introducing a new menu, you can't help but worry that your favorite bites might be eliminated or "tweaked" beyond recognition and enjoyment.

Fortunately, a recent visit to Cellar 56 allayed my concerns about its fantastic spicy mac & cheese (with roasted poblano peppers, locatelli cheese sauce and serrano ham) and Guinness braised short rib. Both dishes are divine. I could do without the addition of ham in the mac & cheese, but the dish is still yummy. It's what I crave when I'm suffering a cold, sore throat or the general blues:
 -Photo by Heidi Geldhauser for The Reynolds Group

Bottom Line: This build-your-own-dinner tapas-style restaurant and wine bar offers tempting bites at value prices.

Read about my first visit.

Cellar 56 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment