A local tradition, Sunday Brunch at The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead has jazzed up its already impressive menu with some new summer specialties prepared from locally-grown ingredients.
In total there are over 50 selections--I dare you to try to taste them all. During a recent visit I was not able to accomplish that feat.
The menu offers treats suitable for all palates and appetites. The offerings change a bit every Sunday, though you can always find...
• Smoked Fish and Caviar, including salmon, trout and mackerel, paddle fish, salmon and white fish caviar and more
• Local and Imported Cheeses, including Sweet Grass Dairy goat cheese, Asher Blue, Belle Chevre, aged Machego; Saint Andre, Epoisses and more
• Charcuterie: Spanish Jamón, salami, Copa Italian ham, dried Chorizo, cornichons with pickled onions and three mustards
• Antipasti: grilled zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, asparagus, red and yellow peppers, onion, Romesco sauce and saffron aioli; assorted olives, housemade hummus, baba ganoush, olive tapenade and toasted breads and pita
• Greens like Endive, Frisée, Arugula, Lolla Rossa, Red and Green Oak; sundried tomatoes, walnuts, croutons, goat cheese, cucumber, cheery tomatoes, almonds, carrots; buttermilk dressing, creamy sherry vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, Caesar, olive oils, vinegars
• Fruit such as honeydew, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and a tropical fruit of the day
• Seafood on ice, including Jonah Crab claws, King Crab legs, Malpeque oysters and Gulf shrimp; smoked fish and Gravlax; three types of caviar with traditional garnishes; and an assortment of sushi.
And, of course, Desserts:
Many selections are presented on various buffet tables, others (such as omelets) are prepared to order:
New for August and September is The Bubble Bar. Select Rotari Brut or Louis Perdrier Blanc de Blanc, then customize your cocktail with favorite flavors or experiment with new tastes such as Marie Brizzard Crème de Cassis, house-made bitters, fresh fruit purees and assorted berries, fruit and citrus.
Brunch at The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead is offered every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $59 per person, and includes valet parking. The Bubble Bar is an additional $15 per person. All prices are exclusive of taxes and gratuities. For reservations, please call the hotel at 404-240-7035 or visit www.opentable.com.
Bottom Line: Eat a delicious brunch here and, odds are, you won't need to eat the rest of the day.