November 8, 2009

The Bakery at DeKalb Farmers Market

I've shopped at the great DeKalb Farmers Market for years, but for the first time today I purchased some dessert from the bakery. In the mood for chocolate cake, I had two options based on the supply inside the display case at the time that I shopped: cookies & cream cake for $1.49 per slice or cookies & cream cupcakes for 99¢ each. As you can see by the photo, I went the current-trend cupcake route. What you can't see is that I actually purchased six cupcakes in a mix of cookies & cream, carrot cake, red velvet and coconut varieties.

The cookies & cream frosting tastes EXACTLY like the inside of an Oreo cookie. It's amazing. Unfortunately, the two cupcakes of this flavor that landed in my box were stale. So stale, in fact, that they were inedible. Luckily, I'd bought the other flavors and all of them were fresh and yummy.

Bottom line: The bakery at the DeKalb Farmers Market boasts tasty treats, but when purchasing items remember to ask if they are fresh. Otherwise, you may be disappointed and left with an unsatisfied craving.

FYI, the bakery register is cash-only.

Your Dekalb Farmers Market Cafeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment